Thursday 19 July 2012

Thursdays Three!

I hope to create a post every last Thursday of the month about three links, photos, or subjects to share about. I hope to be able to do this weekly and will see how this develops. I am both a simple and a complex person!! so the subject could cover just about anything lol but I will try to keep it inspirational and interesting ;o)

so without further ado I will share with you todays Thursday three......

3 ultimate displays of craftsmanship and awesome detail

1, Queen Marys Dolls House
A school visit to Windsor Castle when I was around 6 years old had me standing in amazement as I entered the room where this dolls house stood. At the time I didn't appreciate it for the craft-manship but rather for the size of it which made my little dolls house at home seem like a tiny shed!
But when you spend time looking into the story of this house and the immense accurate tiny detail of every single object in it which has been handcrafted you can only, like me, stand amazed at such craft-manship. I cant put up a photo as they are all copyrighted but just google my title or watch the video link. I think I want to go and see this again one day through adult eyes!

2, The Sistine Chapel
I have never seen this fabulous work of art in real life but looking at photographs I am overwhelmed again with the craft-manship, the attention to detail and the ability of the artist to even imagine such a vast piece of art and then to create it! to be able to paint a passable portrait would be a real joy for me to achieve I can paint flowers LOL! but look at the vastness of this, and this is just one sample photograph of this awesome work.

3, The Human Being!
In my opinion this is the greatest sample of craft-mansip and attention to detail we will ever see! ok so a baby is not actually "made" by man really, although we do the sexual deed we did not create this masterpiece, only God himself can take the credit for that miracle of life.

looking into the detail we realise what an awesome masterpiece we are!

If you look at the many images of the human body in books or on the internet. The inner workings, the muscles the skeleton the organs even the blood and the cells you have to admit that the human body is absolutely awesome. Then you must add into the picture that each person is different in character in mind will emotions, in physical looks and abilities etc each of us is totally unique.

The bible says...
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16
You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.
psalm 139:13-16

God breathes life into His creation and grants us life
and the amazing thing is he gives us the choice to know our creator or not
amazing and awesome seem to be the word for me today

I pray this has blessed you today




No comments: