Wednesday 29 August 2012

Finally on Folksy!!!

Finally I have made a sale of Folksy...YAY...
I was beginning to wonder if anyone actually sold anything there? but I now have my first order for one of my personalized baby girl cards. Here's a sample of my pram design which can be made in blue, pink, lilac, lemon, with either dotty or gingham background and with ric rac instead of lace on the pram if desired...
I have been holding off putting lots of items on Folksy as I wasn't sure if it was gonna work for me but maybe now I should go for it? I also list items on Etsy but again I have no sales yet.
I have looked at many designs of personalized cards and they all seem so minimal like just a little square or two in the middle with very little work in them, so I think my designs are good and I'm thinking through some new ones too. Here's my baby bear design which is available in the same colours as the pram card...
I would love to hear from anyone who has had success with these sites and find out what the secret of success is? however, I am not trying to make a big business, I just want to fund my hobby really, so that I can buy a new stamp or dies here and there and pay for the card I use.
So what should I do? just make one off cards and sell them at a cheaper price? or specialize in personalized cards made to order? all constructive advice would be really appreciated. 
Now off to make that card! but having a peep at some challenges first......



1 comment:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous baby cards, love the pink pram. janex